1. Ask your Realtor to show you only the homebuilders with good reputations for construction and warranty service and home values.
2. Find out how the surrounding area will be developed in the future . When you move into your new home, you don’t want to be surprised to find a power plant going up on the adjacent property which will affect property values.
3. During the construction of a new home you will be asked to make many construction decisions. Be sure your Realtor has experience with new homebuilders and can make you aware of what is NOT included in the price you are paying as well as what IS included.
4. When building a home, find out how long each builder is taking to build homes. It can vary between builders. The availability of construction materials, permitting times, inspection times, and other factors can affect when your home will be complete.
5. Find a location that suits your needs. Your Realtor can help you find homebuilders in Tampa that meet your requirements.
6. If you plan to purchase your new home with a mortgage, talk with your Realtor about the advantages and disadvantages of using the home builders “preferred lender”.
7. For first-time homebuyers getting financing, it's important to understand how the interest rate may change before your new home is built and how it can affect your monthly payment.
8. There are different home builders for different size and types of homes. Talk with your real estate agent to save you valuable time and effort in finding the Tampa homebuilder right for you.
9. Make sure your Realtor can explain the variations in price for different elevations of homes and the homesites available for construction.
10. Make sure your agent represents you in the transaction. The agent selling the new home works for the builder. With any home purchase, whether buying a new-construction home or a re-sale home, you need a buyer agent to represent your interests.
11. A new home purchase is usually the most important transaction in a buyer's life, whether its a $100,000 home or a million dollar home, so use a professional.
12. Use Lightning Realty.
Find million dollar homes in Tampa FL,
Wesley Chapel FL and the Tampa Bay Area
Locate new construction homes with
an experienced real estate agent.
We specialize in helping buyers and sellers find newly built homes in the New Tampa and Wesley Chapel FL